This is an old post which I lifted from my old blog. I am seeing a lot of blogger-related complains these past few weeks so I thought it is the best time to repost this one. As a blogger, I do love attending events like product launching, exclusive parties, runway shows, and the like. However, I don't say yes to blogger invitations all the time. I carefully choose the event depending on the kind of product or service being launched. Plus, I make sure it is something I will enjoy writing about and willing to share to my readers. The event location should be accessible and not too far, too. Lastly, the time and date must fit my schedule. I have a preschooler and a newborn baby so the chance of going out is very limited.
A photo I took at KEDS X I Love Koi event which I attended somewhere in Libis last year.
DO's and DON'Ts of Blogger Events
1. Do come on time or at least 10 minutes early.
2. Don't forget to always bring the ff. blogger paraphernalia, depending on the kind of event you are attending:
-camera or video camera
-laptop or netbook
-pad and pen
3. Avoid tagging someone (blogger or not) unless allowed or with consent from the host or PR.
4. Dress appropriately. Follow the dress code if there is any. In my observation, most events are casual while others may require a semi-formal or formal attire.
5. Do not just chatter around. Try to focus on the product or services being launched to be able to write well about it.
6. During snack or mealtime, it is proper to get just enough food for yourself. Never get more than you could consume and never ever ask for a "take out".
7. Don't show too much excitement towards freebies, giveaways and press kits. Wait for the host to hand you one (just one lang talaga) if there is any.
8. If you have to go early, tell your host about it and don't forget to thank him/her for inviting you to that event.
I am not a perfect blogger and am still learning. These are just some of the important things I learned since I first entered the blog events scene in 2009. If you think you have more to add, please feel free to include them in a comment below. Thanks.