I feel like a wedding a planner 'cos I am helping my younger brother and future sister-in-law prepare their civil wedding. It will be an intimate civil wedding with only more of less 30 family and close friends invited. To keep track of our progress, I made a list of things we already did and yet to accomplish.
1. Marriage License - Done. The couple went to the city hall to get this specific paper yesterday.
2. Wedding Officiant - I booked a registered solemnizing officer through the help of a relative. We will meet him for final details and down payment on Thursday.
3. Wedding Theme - The fiancée choose purple and white as a wedding theme. Below is the inspirational board which I created through Polyvore.
4. Wedding Bands - We had a problem with the gold wedding bands I purchased. The ring for the groom did not fit. Too late to return them so I bought another set in tungsten. Will blog about it soon.
5. Wedding Invitation - My brother is looking for the best disc replication in the metro. He works in the music industry (lights & service/ DJ) so we thought CD invites is appropriate.
6. Wedding & Reception Venue - We visited Tramway Buffet Plaza yesterday, booked the venue, and paid 70% of the venue and food service.
7. Wedding Cake & Wine - We ordered their wedding cake at Kink Cakes. Wine will be selected this week.
8. Bridal Dress/ Groom's Attire - The bridal's dress is done. Next thing to buy is shoes. For the groom, they will have something new and something borrowed.
9. Bridal Hair & Makeup - This is going to be DIY. I have an idea on how to to do the hair. I also hope she agrees with the makeup.
10. Wedding Photographer - As you can see, the couple is being practical so we are cutting the expenses again by using our own camera.
The wedding is in less than 2 weeks. The preparation is very short but thank God we are almost there. Good luck to my brother and future sister-in-law.